Before you decide to install an electronic system yourself consider these factors:
• Are you aware of all the codes and standards that govern how your system is installed and operated?
• Are you aware of all of the options and features of the equipment you plan to install?
• Have you considered the value of your time to learn about and install the system in calculating the cost of your do it yourself
• Is the equipment you have access to at retail outlets of equal quality to the professional grade equipment?
• Do you own all the tools you will need to install, test and calibrate the equipment you plan to use?
• Will your insurance policies cover you if you are injured or do damage to your property during the installation?
• Does the company you bought the equipment from provide sufficient help in the event something goes wrong during the
• In the Oklahoma City area you are required to have a security system alarm permit. Without this the police will not respond to
• Make sure the system you are thinking of installing will meet the requirements you need in order to get a permit; otherwise the
money you spend for the system could be totally wasted.
• Contact a local alarm company, chances are they can install a system for you for about the same price as a do it yourself
system. Keep in mind you will then have someone local to service your system should it need it.